Thursday, March 30, 2006

Weird Mill Road Happenstances...


Last night I was walking along Mill Road with Syd, feeling a bit tired and spaced out. Approaching us was a young couple, he looking a bit moody in shell-suit and cap, she quite dolled-up, but in a smart, "respectable" sort of way, as if not wishing to look too tarty. Suddenly he pulled in front of her and started marching ahead, obviously aggrieved about something. As she passed Syd and I she called out to him "What's the rush Aaron? Do you need a shit or something?" Her tone of voice had just the bare minimum amount of mockingness, suggesting total mastery of and/or total emotional detachment from the situation.

Similtaneously, on the other side of the road, a middle-aged man strode past (alone) in a mask that looked something like this, only a bit less obviously skeletal.

I'm sure if I took better care of myself this kind of thing would be less obvious, or might not occur at all.

No comments: